Friday, March 11, 2011
UPDATE 03/11/11: On March 10, the Kern County Planning Commission voted 5-0 to deny a conditional use permit to Tia Torres, star of Animal Planet's "Pit Bulls and Parolees" TV show. Torres had hoped to relocate her 100 plus pit bull compound to a 20-acre parcel in the Old West Ranch area of Tehachapi. The denial comes shortly after the commission's staff report was released describing the negative health and safety issues that could arise by approving the permit.
Blogger Craven Desires watched the public hearing online and offers more insights.
03/05/11: The Tehachapi Backdrop
Tehachapi, CA - A recent storm that whipped through Tehachapi -- fueled by the actions of "Pit Bulls and Parolees" star Tia Torres -- may soon be winding down. To quickly summarize the dizzying ordeal, upon learning that Torres planned to move her 100 plus pit bull compound and parolee fan club to the area, the president of the Old West Ranch Property Owners Association sent a letter to neighbors urging them to weigh in against Torres' relocation plan.
After receiving a leaked copy of the letter, Torres responded by issuing an "urgent plea" to the rabid pit bull community and posted the letter in full to her rescue's Facebook page.1 Both actions predictably incited rage amongst pit bull lovers across the country. Petitions in support of Torres quickly popped up. More notably, death threats against the letter's author ensued. Blogger Craven Desires has been following the drama closely and exposes many details.
County Agencies Release Comments
On Saturday, Craven posted parts of the Kern County Planning Commission Staff Report, which will be discussed at a March 10 hearing. Craven first focused on concerns expressed by the Kern County Sheriff's Office.2 Then followed with opinions by Public Health Services. It seems the prospect of Torres' rescue operation relocating to Tehachapi is growing dimmer by the hour. (Kudos to county residents and officials for taking on the Torres Goon Squad!)
Related Blog Posts by Craven Desires:
- 03/05/11: Kern County Speaks
- 03/05/11: Kern County Speaks: Part 2
- 03/03/11: There Goes the Neighborhood
- 03/02/11: Tehachapi Bully Update
- 02/27/11: Tia Torres: Tehachapi Bully
2Rural Kern County officials are not unfamiliar with Pit Bullian tactics. In 2009, DogsBite.org sent a letter to the Kern County District Attorney's Office regarding Maricopa Police Chief Gene Fretheim, who was hit with a restraining order after he shot and killed a dangerous pit bull. The order was requested by the dog's owner and granted by Court Commissioner Linda Etienne. The Court later said they issued the order in error.
Jose Gaspar, "County denies 'Pit Bull & Parolees' in Tehachapi," Bakersfield Now, March 11, 2011 (www.bakerfield.com) URL:http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/117784573.html. Accessed: 2014-05-04. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6PK4abOng)
Carl Ferguson, "Maricopa police chief says restraining order based on 'lies'," Bakersfield Now, October 7, 2009 (www.bakersfield.com) URL:http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/63720907.html. Accessed: 2014-05-04. (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/6PK4R5z0j)
10/04/08: Valencia High School Vice Principal Expels Pit Bulls
Photo: Animal Planet
Please donate to support our work
DogsBite.org is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity organization. Learn more »
| 3/05/2011 10:00 PM |
Portions from the Sheriff's Office:
8) I was contacted this week by a gang investigator at California Correctional Institution who heard Tia Torres was attempting to set up in this area. This investigator told me he is an expert in gang issues and had some concerns about the potential for increased criminal activity should the conditional use permit be approved. He told me the husband or boyfriend of Torres is an Aren CAJ) Jackson. Jackson was a validated associate of the Aryan Brotherhood CAB), a violent prison gang that also engages in continual criminal activity outside the prison setting. Jackson is now believed to be a drop out from the Aryan Brotherhood. Jackson is estimated to be eligible for parole in October of 20 19. The former presence of an Aryan Brotherhood associate at Villalobos Rescue Center led to criminal activity at the Los Angles County rescue center in 2009 Csee reason #9). The likelihood he may return to live with Torres upon parole increases the risk of future criminal activity at the Old West Ranch location here in Kern County.
9) Torres's rescue compound in Los Angeles County has been connected to criminal activity: I spoke to Detective Dan Dantice with the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Office. Detective Dantice was the lead investigator in the cases involving Aren Jackson. Dantice told me he and fellow investigators served a search warrant at the Torres residence in 2009 and found heroin, methamphetamine and evidence of ongoing identity theft. Dantice said they also found two motorcycles in the garage of a vacant house next door: One motorcycle belonged to Aren Jackson and had been wrecked. The second motorcycle was a matching make and model and was stolen from another location in Los Angles County. The investigators concluded Jackson was using the stolen motorcycle to provide parts for his wrecked motorcycle. Another parolee at the residence took responsibility for the methamphetamine and was arrested. Jackson was arrested for the other items.
Donny Youngblood, Sheriff-Coroner, County of Kern
By: Sergeant Richard C. Wood
Kern County Sheriff s Office
East Area Substations Section
| 3/10/2011 3:54 PM |
Today is the 10th. Thus far, Torres' only response to the 1,296-page report released by the Kern County Planning and Community Development Dept, which advised against her move, is "dumbfounded."
“I have no response. I’m dumbfounded,” stated an email from the applicant, Tia Maria Torres...
| 3/12/2011 11:35 AM |
Tia can still appeal but she did a lot of damage at that meeting and I think appealing would be a lost cause. Her thugs turned the meeting into a worship session instead of addressing the issues. None of this revolved around Tia, per se, it revolved around issues such as pollution, roads, etc. But she and her thugs turned it into a racist issue by wearing their ridiculous T-shirts. All she managed to do successfully is piss off the officials. Plus one never condemns law enforcement unless one is prepared for repercusions. They will be watching her like a hawk now. She is one stupid bitch.