DogsBite.org - The dawning of a new decade is upon us. The year 2010 will bring many changes to DogsBite.org as we relocate our organization to the state of Texas. Instead of tracking new U.S. nonfatal pit bull attacks and police and citizen shootings of dangerous pit bulls in 2010, we will focus on analyzing the data documented in both areas from 2009. Additionally, once the relocation has occurred, the majority of energies must be focused on building a funded organization.
New Year's Wishes for 2010:
- That each of 2009's pit bull attack victims and their families are not forgotten by their local and state government officials.
- That in 2010, no innocent humans have to suffer through the most horrific manner of death conceivable to man -- being attacked, bitten, and ripped apart by powerful pit bulls with strong jaws and a tenacious demeanor that would prevent the average person from being able to stop the attack.
- That in 2010, no innocent humans suffer significant bodily injury, such as the loss of a limb, facial disfigurement, or mobility through a pit bull attack.
- That in 2010, no innocent owner of a domesticated companion animal or livestock will have to witness, experience, or have to respond to a pit bull attack upon their animal, suffering either their death, their significant injury, the necessity for emergency veterinarian services and expenses, or the trauma of such an event.
- That in 2010, more organizations invested in protecting human lives will become fully informed about the real and present danger posed by pit bulls in American society and will take positive steps to take formal positions in favor of legal restrictions against pit bulls.
- That in 2010, major humane organizations will address the alarming pit bull euthanization problem -- nearly 1 million pit bulls were estimated to be euthanized in 2009 -- and support mandatory pit bull sterilization laws to reduce these deaths.
- That in 2010, enlightenment comes to local and state government officials about the hidden agenda of pit bull breeders, dogfighters, and organized criminal conspirators to support anti-BSL efforts.
- That in 2010, enlightenment comes to "misguided" pit bull advocates that support dogfighters and breeders of fighting dogs -- people heavily invested in the continuation of creating violent dogs -- and instead, focus their attention on breeding safer dogs.
Readers, please leave your own New Year's wishes in the comments area.
12/20/09: Son of Rosie Humphreys Starts Campaign to Ban Pit Bulls in Flora
12/16/09: Historic Recall: 50 Million Blinds Recalled Following Child Deaths
12/09/09: 2009 Fatality: 70-Year Old Dies After Violent Maiming by Pit Bulls
09/17/09: 3-Year Old Girl Airlifted After Backyard Breeder's Pit Bull Attacks
09/09/09: Elderly Woman Suffers Broken Hip and Crushed Wrist After Pit Bull Attack
08/24/09: 2009 U.S. Shelter Data: Pit Bulls Account for 58% of Dogs Euthanized
04/03/09: Anti-BSL Group, American Canine Foundation, Testified for Seller of...
03/17/09: 10 Shots Stop Pit Bull Attack on Pregnant Woman and Officer
03/13/09: Anti-BSL Organization, Stop-BSL.com, Gives Donated Funds to Alleged...
03/10/09: Wichita Approves New Ordinance: Mandatory Sterilization of Pit Bulls
03/01/09: Woman's Dogs Suffer "Exploded Ribs" and "Shattered Leg" by Pit Bulls
02/10/09: Brenda Hill, 68, Attacked by Pit Bulls While Taking Out the Trash
12/12/08: Edward Faron of Wildside Kennels Has Been Charged by Authorities
06/23/08: Report: Dog Attacks on Livestock and Horses January - May 2008