Thursday, August 7, 2014

posted by   |  permalink  |  8 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Blogger PutMeInCharge4OneDay  |  8/04/2014 10:21 PM  |  Flag
I guarantee until today the owners would have said the dog would lick you to death.

Great parenting skills "My son would sit on him, lay on him. Smack him in the face. He wouldn’t do anything."

Once again it points out what a ticking time bomb these dogs are.

Has Ohio had enough yet or will we hear the sound of crickets from legislators?

Blogger OT  |  8/05/2014 2:36 PM  |  Flag
Somehow everyone who gets a Pit Bull puppy thinks this can never happen to them because they are raising it right. And Pit Bulls are becoming so popular since rescues are pushing them so hard. I'm afraid they won't be just a status symbol out in the sticks and in the inner cities; but the highest status of middle class dog adopters. There seems to be a goal to put one in every household or something. Or at least next door where it can still get to you, your family or your non-pit dog.

Blogger Branwyne Finch  |  8/05/2014 3:55 PM  |  Flag
Wow...the daughter sounds like a sociopath. The dog ripped her mothers throat out, and she wants to bring him home to be around her two year old? Someone needs to call Child Protective Services.

Blogger Farmer Jane  |  8/06/2014 7:34 AM  |  Flag
My heart goes out to the victim, her grandson (who will not have his grandma to spoil him), and her husband. Not so much for the daughter. As usual, there is so much wrong here it's hard to know where to start. It seems like a no-brainer that the dog would be immediately taken and euthanized. That they can leave the decision up to the obviously unstable owner (who makes poor decisions- see the dogs she chose as pets) is a travesty. If the situation were not so deadly, it would be funny. The kind of thing you laugh at because it's hard to believe it's real.
And then there's this Kumpf guy. Does he think that this war is only against pit bulls? It is against pit bull TYPE dogs. That includes Mastiffs, Preso Whatevers, Cane Corsos,American Staffordshire Terriors, et al. All of them. All Mellasers (however you spell it) or gripping dogs. His precious pit bulls, which we're told over and over again isn't an actual breed, can't be hidden forever.

Blogger RSM  |  8/07/2014 11:34 AM  |  Flag
Here is a meme I just saw online, based on the lick you nonsense.

RIP Cindy.

The title is:
"Aww! Pitties just want to lick you to Death!"

Blogger nopitlover  |  8/08/2014 12:23 AM  |  Flag
So sorry to here about that poor lady, very sad. I don't understand why people would want an animal like that.
A couple of days ago my neighbor walked over to her neighbors house and he had a pit tied up in front of his house. The lady supposedly fail down by the dog and he attacked her. Severely attacking her. They rushed her to the emergency room. Thank God she survived with many stitches. I have called the law on him before to no avail. He had him tied with a rope as small as my little finger. He tried to attack me to different times unprovoked. I wouldn't even have went there but only to retrieve my garbage can. The lady wouldn't tell the authorities whose dog it was. When I found out about it I called the sheriff department, they came out but said no one was at home. As for as I know they haven't came back. It's just a ticking time bomb fixing to happen.I will be calling them back.

Blogger PutMeInCharge4OneDay  |  8/10/2014 10:23 AM  |  Flag
In regards to the dog standing there licking her.

I am surprised no one suggested that the victim had a heart attack. seizure (Insert medical condition)
and that the pit bull was only trying to revive her.

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  8/10/2014 11:23 AM  |  Flag
It was a sordid detail that I did not include in the post. The same thing was noted in a pit bull mauling death of a little boy once (in the police report only). The officer was so horrified he shot the dog to death. Did you listen to the 911 call PutMeinCharge?
----