dog bite statistics

Friday, April 17, 2009

posted by   |  permalink  |  9 comments  | iconforum  |icon subscribe  |icon comment rss

Anonymous Anonymous  |  4/17/2009 2:29 AM  |  Flag
The Nutters are trying their damndest to blame this on the Labs...Sure they shouldn't have been loose, but they actually helped the city by triggering this Canine IED. It's much better that the owner received the eventual Level 5 mauling than a civilian or unlucky neighborhood dog.

Things happen in neighbors. loose dogs, kids on tricycles, ice cream trucks...That's why it is important not to breed and sell Canine IEDs. The victim should sue the breeder who sold her this thing!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  4/17/2009 4:15 AM  |  Flag
At least this time, the victim was the owner. I have zero empathy for owners of these dogs when they get what they don't care if they dish out to others and others' animals. Maybe that'll be one less nutter shilling the lies. Of course, now she'll be thrown under the bus with all the rest of the nutters whose dogs turn. They'll accuse her of abusing the dog or somehow training it to do that. They always do.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  4/17/2009 4:41 AM  |  Flag
I cant help but wonder if this Nutter spammed the internet with the ole "Pit Bulls locking jaw is a myth" to disrupt post attack threads.

What gets me about this one is how the dog killing breeding expertise of the Dogmen of Stafford trumps loyalty..The dumbass mauler was in such a dog killing frenzy he wouldn't let go of his owners arm!

Anonymous Jimmy O  |  4/17/2009 11:19 AM  |  Flag
Electronic break sticks?!
Promoted BY pit nutters!!!
To use AGAINST pits?!

I DOUBT IT!

They are really to use against the poodle owner who is trying to save their dog.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  4/17/2009 12:04 PM  |  Flag
Better blame it on the labs that the pit bull attacked its owner -- sent her to Harborview Medical no less. Hope she's got good insurance!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  4/17/2009 12:36 PM  |  Flag
The "electronic break stick" is no different than a CATTLE PROD and it is promoted by pit bull breeders as being safer than a break stick! Please note that CATTLE PRODS are designed to control cows weighing up to 1,500 pounds -- your average pit bull weighs 40-65lbs.

The "Raptor" device, designed to unlock a pit bull's jaws, delivers a 100,000 volt shock. The "Hot Shot Power Mite" device, designed for livestock, delivers 4% of this charge! (4,500 volts):

The "top of the line" cattle prod delivers 9% of the charge (9,000 volts)! So pit bulls, according to this pit bull site, need nearly 10x the voltage to get them to unlock their jaws.

Anonymous Trigger  |  4/17/2009 12:43 PM  |  Flag
In their own words:"STOP DOG FIGHTS FAST AND SAFE BE RESPONSABLE

EVERY PITBULL OWNER NEEDS AT LEAST ONE OF THESE. IF YOU OWN A PITBULL YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DRIVE THEY HAVE AND HOW WHEN THEY WANT SOMETHING IT IS VERY HARD TO STOP THEM FROM GETTING IT.

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN. YOU NEED TO BE PREPAIRED. IF YOUR PITBULL FIGHTS OR GET INTO A FIGHT WITH ANOTHER PITBULL AND LOCK UP ON EACH OTHER HOW ARE YOU GOING TO STOP THE PITBULL FIGHT?"

Anonymous Anonymous  |  4/17/2009 9:30 PM  |  Flag
Here is a brilliant editorial from a Vancouver journalist...

Anonymous FoolMeOnce  |  4/18/2009 8:13 PM  |  Flag
I read that brilliant editorial, and shame one me, I read the comments. Would you believe an "animal behaviourist" actually stated that it is up to all us to learn doggie language so that we will know when a dog is about to rip our faces off? She also stated that all dogs give signs of attack. I think she's just another faker out there, working for the dog fighters. I mean, really! What a stupid asinine thing to say! If she knows as much about pits as she claims, she would know that they were bred specifically NOT to show signs that it is about to attack. As for the break stick, I think I'll get one. I just saw a group of girls (with a baby in a carriage) walking down my street with a pit. Not on a leash. I asked them to please put their dog on a leash and they all sneered at me, then ignored me. DING DING DING! Another "Reponsible" pit owner!