Wednesday, June 11, 2008

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

The DogsBite.org comment policy.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  6/11/2008 2:09 PM  |  Flag
I am so sorry that you have had to learn just how dangerous pit bulls are towards other dogs. AND just how ignorant and irresponsible the owners of this breed can be. You should be prepared for the pit nutters attack. Just keep yelling yourself, "they're deranged" and don't take it personally.

If there is a bright side to this tragedy, it would be that it occurred in the state of California. You have access to the best attorney possible for dog bite cases, Mr Kenneth Phillips.
Please check out his website and contact him if you have not already hired an attorney. No, I do NOT receive a finder's fee. I have never met or spoke to Mr Phillips but I really admire him for taking on this grossly ignored area of law. You should be fully compensated for the vet bills and then some! Good luck and I hope your dogs' physical injuries heal quickly, I am sure the mental healing will not be so easy.

I will keep your blog in my bookmarks and check back on Martin and Mindy's progress.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  6/11/2008 3:27 PM  |  Flag
How in the hell would these pit bull owners think they don't have ABSOLUTE LIABILITY for this??? Somebody needs to get an attorney with bigger teeth than any pit bull owner ever imagined. I hope they find such an attorney and annihilate them in litigation.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  6/11/2008 4:01 PM  |  Flag
This story reminded me of a pit bull attack video released on liveleak.com not long ago. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=afb_1211575760

As awful as that was to watch, I did think, what if this had been a smaller dog? So, here we have it.

I'm thankful that Martin and Mindy survived! And, so sorry for what their owners have had to go through... not to mention the huge cost!

I was truly saddened by the pics of their injuries, but that has turned into truly pissed off.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  6/11/2008 5:43 PM  |  Flag
Alan Hill was almost killed in a pit bull attack in 2006. He was just awarded $7.25 million.

Is the tide finally starting to turn?

PROPERTY OWNERS: TAKE NOTE!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  6/11/2008 11:28 PM  |  Flag
15 fence posts-$85

15 6x8, 3/4" thick dog-ear panels-$700

8 bags of concrete mix-$18

wire fencing for base-$20

delivery charge-$40

trip to the records office/2 gallons of gas/parking meter-$10

records-$6

property survey-$600

3 gallons of stain-$40

one gate-$300

labor-$200;

Protecting children from neighbor's pit bull-

Priceless

don't be ignorant, get the facts;

Anonymous Anonymous  |  6/12/2008 12:49 PM  |  Flag
The owners of pit bulls that maul other animals should be charged with animal cruelty.....they WANT to own a breed of dog that kills other dogs, it is NO surprise to anyone when these attacks happen.

Maybe we should take a page from the pro-pit propaganda book..."its all how you raise them". Well, then anyone who owns a pit bull that attacks and mauls another dog must be training their dog for dogfighting, right? That's a felony, so they should go right to jail.

The pro-pit lobby wants it both ways...they want us to believe that pit bulls are just like any other dog, and the aggressive ones are due to bad owners....but they wouldn't support a law that puts owners in jail for dog aggressive pit bulls.