Wednesday, February 20, 2008

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Anonymous Karen  |  2/20/2008 10:59 AM  |  Flag
"I've been bitten 6-12 times," said Greg Townsend, an avid runner who supports the law. "Mostly, they bite and then leave me alone, but I was viciously attacked last March by a pit bull."

We get complaints about the lack of media coverage for non-pit bull breed bite incidents.
The reason why the media tends to ignore the vast majority of non-pit bull attacks is because they are insignificant bites and not news worthy.

Anonymous schultz  |  2/20/2008 12:57 PM  |  Flag
$1,000,000 insurance and a minimum $5000 fine plus mandatory forfeiture sounds a lot better to me.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  2/20/2008 1:11 PM  |  Flag
So it is okay for other breeds to bite as long as they are insignificant wounds?

Anonymous Karen  |  2/20/2008 1:18 PM  |  Flag
Anonymous, I am not excusing non-pit bull bites. I am explaining WHY the media does not report all of the non-pit bull bites.

Anonymous David  |  2/20/2008 5:56 PM  |  Flag
I just live 30 miles from there. Does it mean all dog owners have to have insurance or just after they decide the dog is dangerous? After they decide a dog is dangerous or after they bite someone the insurance is very expensive, insurance for a pit bull can cost as much as $400 a year, for $2,500 deductible. That is if it hasn't bitten anyone.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  2/21/2008 7:02 AM  |  Flag
$400 a year to insure a breed of dog that has killed over 100 Americans and is being shot during beserking episodes nearly every day by law enforcement is rediculously cheap!

Bite and releases from other dogs aren't a major public safety issue.
Communities are deciding not to accept the collateral damage that comes with owning the "Ultimate Canine Gladiator" as a casual pet.