Sunday, December 16, 2012

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | iconforum  |icon subscribe  |icon comment rss

Blogger april 29  |  12/14/2012 8:27 AM  |  Flag
Repeal of BSL is proving to be a bad idea.

Topeka repealed BSL, a baby is killed by a pit bull.

Ohio repeals BSL, three DBRFs in the first few months.

Cincinnati Ohio repeals its BSL, just weeks later a grown man is killed by his designer dog/pit bull mix.

When will lawmakers consider the safety of the public from a known danger over the shrill demands of breed specific advocates?

Blogger Putme Incharge  |  12/14/2012 9:22 AM  |  Flag
I think it will be hard for anyone to say that this was an "unforeseen accident".

Apparently at one time this community had good sense, only to be won over by then nutters.

This childs death was completely preventable,
the law just needed to be kept in place.

In my opinion those that participated in the 9-0 vote to repeal it are just as responsible in this poor baby's death.

I wonder what legal responsibility the shelter as- or can legally be made to take- in selling dangerous dogs that wind up killing people.

Blogger Your Quiet Neighbor  |  12/14/2012 9:47 AM  |  Flag
It's time for Topeka to tighten up its regulations. And, by that, I mean make them stricter than before the repeal.

This poor child paid with her life, and this needs to stop happening. Now!

Blogger Putme Incharge  |  12/16/2012 10:35 AM  |  Flag
"Exactly in what neighborhood in the U.S. is a dog-aggressive pit bull -- "would attack other dogs if given the chance" -- appropriate?"

THAT is the million dollar question.

As someone who has dealt with the typical pet owner in dog training classes I can tell you that not ONE of them that I have ever encountered in the last 7 1/2 years is capable of having a dog like that.

There is no reason for someone to own a pet like that. There is no legitimate reason to want to own a pet like that.

The worst thing is that those people who have them still want to inflict that dog upon the public as if its their right to take it out and even take them to off leash dog parks.

I am so sick of the mantra that "human aggression is different then animal aggression". To me that one makes me just as crazy as the "how you raise them" BS.

I don't think any animal aggressive dog should ever be sold from any pound or rescue, for them it should only be a one way door into the facility.

Blogger Miss Margo  |  12/16/2012 8:57 PM  |  Flag
I agree with Putme Incharge.

Blogger Sputnik2009  |  12/18/2012 2:09 AM  |  Flag
Putme Incharge should be in charge! S/he's absolutely, utterly right.