Wednesday, July 16, 2008

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Anonymous David  |  7/16/2008 10:10 AM  |  Flag
I count 19 shot in Texas through the end of June. Illinios comes in at close second with 17. People are starting to take matters in their own hands. Police are not the only ones shooting these dogs.
My guess is that for every one shot that makes the news, there are two more that do not. So if you want to keep that pit, better keep it where I can't get at it.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  7/16/2008 2:07 PM  |  Flag
Ooops! Madisonville City Council forgot that hillbillies don't vote when they decided to go easy on the pit bull owners. Oh well, it ain't over! This is what elections are for!

Anonymous David  |  7/16/2008 2:51 PM  |  Flag
Let's see what happens when one of these cowards on the council is faced with a pit bull on the attack. Then I bet they go running home to their mommys. I would have thought better of the men from Texas.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  7/16/2008 3:49 PM  |  Flag
Anyone who gets attacked in that town should sue the pants off the council members who voted that way. Money talks. Unfortunately, common sense and hurt kids doesn't mean a thing.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  7/16/2008 3:50 PM  |  Flag
I agree with David...what's with the Texans? I am from the supposed "liberal Northeast", and I can tell you we wouldn't put up with this....I envisioned Texans as no nonsense, sensible folks, who would tolerate children being mauled by dogs.

Why are there so many wishy washy, mamby pamby politicians in Texas? Isn't this a no-brainer? Texas has tough laws for criminals, why do they go soft when it comes to thugs with pit bulls?

Anonymous Anonymous  |  7/16/2008 4:51 PM  |  Flag
The next victim should sue the City and the council members. They could have done this---and they would have made their community safer. Texas is not in good shape on this issue and it's an issue that could be made a great deal better.