dog bite statistics

Sunday, January 20, 2013

posted by   |  permalink  |  9 comments  | iconforum  |icon subscribe  |icon comment rss

Blogger Your Quiet Neighbor  |  1/20/2013 6:16 PM  |  Flag
We're all of 20 days into the New Year and the DBRF count is already up to two.

Blogger Decatur AL livin nt to 4 pits  |  1/20/2013 6:36 PM  |  Flag
The video in my brain starts playing and I wonder perhaps many times that child saw others pet the neighbor's Pit Bull or maybe he saw its wiggling butt...there was some reason this child did not have the appropriate fear to stop him short of going near that dog. It was a chain-link fence probably 4 feet tall. It's possible something was thrown over the fence or he saw something on the other side of the fence he wanted.

Blogger Decatur AL livin nt to 4 pits  |  1/20/2013 7:25 PM  |  Flag
Look at this video at how close this dog was chained near the fence!!!

Blogger snack sized dog  |  1/20/2013 8:44 PM  |  Flag
I agree with Decatur Al livin - I doubt the dog was acting vicious the whole time the child was climbing the fence and then walked into the dog's chain area.

I cannot fathom why people are defending the dog saying it did nothing wrong. Do we really think it is right and appropriate that a dog kills a child under any circumstances. I am just speechless.

OpenID truthbird  |  1/20/2013 9:04 PM  |  Flag
Chained pit bulls are often notoriously "quiet." Even a yard of them. Not so dogfighting savvy police didn't know this when they found Kylar Johnson (Texas).

"O'Connor said that when he went to the scene, the dogs appeared to be friendly. He said the dogs did not bark when investigators entered in the area."

Blogger Decatur AL livin nt to 4 pits  |  1/21/2013 12:36 PM  |  Flag
Colleen, there is something odd about this story. It's hard to imagine that a 9 yr old girl got her 4 yr old brother "OVER" this fence. Maybe she went through the gate to get him ?? In this picture of the dog pen is where the car is parked the yard of the victim? I would like to know how long that chain was and could this child have been pulled over or under the fence. In other words, was the sister an eye witness - was she looking at the child when it happened???

OpenID truthbird  |  1/21/2013 12:46 PM  |  Flag
In one of the videos, and I'll have to rewatch it, the mother's friends allude to the sister pulling him back under the fence... (I think, again, need to rewatch)

OpenID truthbird  |  1/21/2013 12:54 PM  |  Flag
No... she said "brought her little brother back over the fence"

Blogger bitbypit  |  1/21/2013 1:01 PM  |  Flag
This little boy was 4. Dandre Fisher was only 3 and authorities said that he climbed the fence. More: