Monday, November 9, 2009

posted by   |  permalink  |  7 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Anonymous FoolMeOnce  |  11/12/2009 8:37 AM  |  Flag
Seeing this poor child's devastating injuries just breaks my heart. Someone has routinely posted the comment here that pits are a defective product and should be recalled. Over 1,000,000 strollers have just been recalled because of 12 reports of children losing the tips of their fingers, over a 10 year period. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Anonymous Trigger  |  11/12/2009 10:47 AM  |  Flag
Defective products not only get recalled, but the manufacturers get their *sses sued off, often in a class action suit. There are stiff penalties and loads of litigation to be sure when an American corporation creates a defective product. Lawyers are often the biggest winners in these cases. No such luck with breeders of dangerous dogs. Not only can these breeders -- backyard, kennels and otherwise -- breed indiscriminately without registration, licensing or any regulation whatsoever, they also have zero liability for their defective product.

Anonymous FoolMeOnce  |  11/12/2009 1:47 PM  |  Flag
Trigger, it is so hard to keep my brain from exploding when I contemplate the many layers of the pit bull problem. I get through by hanging my hat on Denver's successful BAN -- and that photo of the mere few dozen in a city of one million plus that came out to protest the ban. That bans can stand despite the pitnutters' pathetic nonsense.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  11/13/2009 4:25 AM  |  Flag
Of the pitiful dozen or so who turned out for that ban protest, how many do you bet actually LIVED in Denver? I'd wager only a handful. Nutters love to travel for protests and do it whenever they can.

Blogger P.  |  11/13/2009 11:46 AM  |  Flag
The nutters don't realize that the more attacks there are, the more people are affected. Those affected people/family are spreading the word better than we can. There's a saying in real estate that for every satisfied customer, it means 5 more referrals. I think word of mouth will defeat the pits. Too many people are being affected and they are spreading the word. It's not just the person who was attacked, it is their family, their neighborhood, their church, etc. It's like a ripple on the water.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  11/18/2009 1:01 AM  |  Flag
I think some of the people at that "Denver protest" were interviewed by the media and even ADMITTED they didn't live in the state!

They were trucked in.

The dog fighters and breeders probably paid their expenses.

Blogger santa89  |  12/18/2010 1:46 PM  |  Flag
Thanks for writing a post about this. You’ve got a bunch of wonderful information here on your site. I’m very! I have a few blogs that I try to keep somewhat ongoing myself but it is a struggle sometimes. You’ve done a good job with this one. How do you keep up?