Thursday, January 1, 2009
New Year's Wishes for 2009:
- That each of 2008's pit bull attack victims and their families are not forgotten by their local and state government officials.
- That in 2009, no innocent humans have to suffer through the most horrific manner of death conceivable to man -- being attacked, bitten, and ripped apart by powerful pit bulls with strong jaws and a tenacious demeanor that would prevent the average person from being able to stop the attack.
- That in 2009, no innocent humans suffer significant bodily injury, such as the loss of a limb, facial disfigurement, or mobility through a pit bull attack.
- That in 2009, no innocent owner of a domesticated companion animal or live stock will have to witness, experience, or have to respond to a pit bull attack upon their animal, suffering either their death, their significant injury, the necessity for emergency veterinarian services and expenses, or the trauma of such an event.
- That in 2009, more organizations invested in protecting human lives will become fully informed about the real and present danger posed by pit bulls in American Society and will take positive steps to take formal positions in favor of legal restrictions against pit bulls.
- That in 2009, enlightenment comes to local and state government officials about the hidden agenda of pit bull breeders, dogfighters, and organized criminal conspirators to support anti-BSL efforts.
- That in 2009, enlightenment comes to "misguided" pit bull owners and breeders that support dogfighters and breeders of fighting dogs -- people heavily invested in the continuation of creating violent dogs -- and instead, focus their attention on breeding safer dogs.
Please donate to support our work
DogsBite.org is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity organization. Learn more »
| 1/01/2009 5:19 PM |
May I add one more wish
That some of the humane organizations who forgot that their aim is to help animals STOP HELPING THE DOG FIGHTERS AND BREEDERS
The "pit bulls are persecuted and shouldn't be regulated" routine is just helping very bad people abuse more pit bulls, and hurt people and other pets too
| 1/02/2009 10:37 AM |
I think the posters here, who have been victimized by pit bulls and their owners, should continue to confront the lies and misinformation spread by the dog fighters and for-profit breeder lobby. Information, education, and truth is our best weapon. Most of the lies spread by the pit bull lobby can be refuted with facts, and some investigative journalism.
I also hope that members of Dogsbite, true animal lovers, will continue to advocate for the forgotten victims of pit bull attacks...other dogs, pets, horses and livestock. Those posters who are involved in rescue or are humane advocates please speak out! No family pet deserves to die in the jaws of a neighbors pit bull, because some shelter worker told a misguided owner, "its all how you raise them!" Mandatory spay and neuter, and microchipping of pit bulls, would not effect ONE responsible pit bull owner, yet the for-profit breeder lobby fights against such reasonable regulation.
There are no statistics available on how many family pets are killed or maimed by pit bulls each year, since animal attacks are seldom reported in the media. The fact that there are so many media reports of pit bulls killing or attacking other dogs is disturbing...it indicates that the problem is far greater than we imagine. In my town, several serious dog attacks by pit bulls were never reported, but I am aware of numerous incidents involving pit bulls. Many dog owners I meet share stories with me of their dog, or a friend or family members dog, being attacked by pit bulls. This is a serious humane issue that is being ignored by the so-called humane advocacy groups.
So please, animal lovers, dog owners, and humane advocates....please advocate for resonable restrictions on pit bull type dogs. Dog fighting is now a felony in all 50 states...why do we continue to breed dogs for this bloodsport? Please give the animal victims of fighting breeds a voice.