Thursday, January 1, 2009

posted by   |  permalink  |  8 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Anonymous mrs.Poodle  |  1/01/2009 7:44 AM  |  Flag
Happy New Year to you too!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/01/2009 1:41 PM  |  Flag
Happy New Year!

I do hope the blog will be continued. It is a very helpful collection of information!!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/01/2009 1:52 PM  |  Flag
Can someone take over the blog and keep it regularly updated?

It is a real treasure and so important!!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/01/2009 5:19 PM  |  Flag
May I add one more wish

That some of the humane organizations who forgot that their aim is to help animals STOP HELPING THE DOG FIGHTERS AND BREEDERS

The "pit bulls are persecuted and shouldn't be regulated" routine is just helping very bad people abuse more pit bulls, and hurt people and other pets too

Anonymous don  |  1/01/2009 10:18 PM  |  Flag
Happy New Year, Colleen.

You have had a tremendous 2008.

Heartfelt Thank You from the Heartland of America! You are amazing.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/02/2009 10:37 AM  |  Flag
I think the posters here, who have been victimized by pit bulls and their owners, should continue to confront the lies and misinformation spread by the dog fighters and for-profit breeder lobby. Information, education, and truth is our best weapon. Most of the lies spread by the pit bull lobby can be refuted with facts, and some investigative journalism.

I also hope that members of Dogsbite, true animal lovers, will continue to advocate for the forgotten victims of pit bull attacks...other dogs, pets, horses and livestock. Those posters who are involved in rescue or are humane advocates please speak out! No family pet deserves to die in the jaws of a neighbors pit bull, because some shelter worker told a misguided owner, "its all how you raise them!" Mandatory spay and neuter, and microchipping of pit bulls, would not effect ONE responsible pit bull owner, yet the for-profit breeder lobby fights against such reasonable regulation.

There are no statistics available on how many family pets are killed or maimed by pit bulls each year, since animal attacks are seldom reported in the media. The fact that there are so many media reports of pit bulls killing or attacking other dogs is indicates that the problem is far greater than we imagine. In my town, several serious dog attacks by pit bulls were never reported, but I am aware of numerous incidents involving pit bulls. Many dog owners I meet share stories with me of their dog, or a friend or family members dog, being attacked by pit bulls. This is a serious humane issue that is being ignored by the so-called humane advocacy groups.

So please, animal lovers, dog owners, and humane advocates....please advocate for resonable restrictions on pit bull type dogs. Dog fighting is now a felony in all 50 states...why do we continue to breed dogs for this bloodsport? Please give the animal victims of fighting breeds a voice.

Anonymous ernie  |  1/02/2009 12:32 PM  |  Flag
Happy New Year!

Hopefully I will be launching my website soon. The pit nutters and the dog fighting scum will love it. And it should take some heat off of Colleen :)

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/02/2009 4:00 PM  |  Flag
Hope everyone will start the New Year off by buying some Dogsbite merchandise

Hope you don't mind if I give the link (taken from this page)