Wednesday, November 2, 2016

posted by   |  permalink  |  17 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

The DogsBite.org comment policy.

Blogger PutMeInCharge41Day  |  10/24/2016 1:11 PM  |  Flag
I expect if we get to see a photo of this initially alleged "Doberman mix" that we are going to see a black and tan pit bull......

Blogger PutMeInCharge41Day  |  10/24/2016 1:13 PM  |  Flag
I have a strong suspicion that the "Doberman mix" is going to look like this.

Blogger Your Quiet Neighbor  |  10/24/2016 3:44 PM  |  Flag
But-but-but no one can *possibly* identify a pit bull!

Blogger Ka D  |  10/24/2016 3:50 PM  |  Flag
Here's is the big difference: Doberman attacks, particularly FATAL ones, are RARE. Pit bull attacks, and particularly FATAL ones, are ROUTINE.

Blogger Where The Sand Pea Grows  |  10/24/2016 5:48 PM  |  Flag
If they thought it was a Doberman mix, it seems likely it was Rottweiler mix of some sort.

Blogger Ken Quin  |  10/24/2016 11:18 PM  |  Flag
I'd like to see a photo of the animal.

Blogger Dayna Hamilton  |  10/25/2016 7:17 PM  |  Flag

Blogger Ka D  |  11/03/2016 10:34 PM  |  Flag
According to the breed description the canis panther is derived in part from pit bulls (AmStaff).

Blogger Where The Sand Pea Grows  |  11/03/2016 11:11 PM  |  Flag
Ka D, was there a follow-up article that we can leverage a description from?

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  11/03/2016 11:34 PM  |  Flag
The only thing stated in the initial police press release is that the dog was a doberman or doberman-mix. No other information was released about the breed.

Blogger Where The Sand Pea Grows  |  11/04/2016 1:02 AM  |  Flag
I went to the rockofages kennel website and a chill ran up my spine. These people aren't going to stop until they taint every breed with this demon DNA.

Blogger kyrasmom  |  11/06/2016 6:12 AM  |  Flag
All I've ever had were Dobermans. They are the best breed of dog, to me at least. This is such a sad story, and I too would Ike to see a picture of this supposed Doberman mix. Poor baby, and the poor mother, I can't imagine.

Blogger Ken Quin  |  11/09/2016 10:44 AM  |  Flag
I wish I could post a photo here of what looks like a dalmation with a pit bull head that won a recent contest. It's described as a shepherd mix.

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  11/09/2016 10:55 AM  |  Flag
Just paste in the URL. You can also send via email here: Contact Us

Blogger Lorie May  |  11/22/2016 5:39 PM  |  Flag
I am Kiyana stepmom and ran across this post.I am not sure of the details of the dog but the one thing I do know is our "Baby Girl" was put in a situation caused by poor decision. Her dad and I struggle so much with the events that took our little girl away. Her mom brought this dog to their home without letting anyone know. We were getting ready to pick her up the next day for our time with her. WHY? What can I do to bring awareness to parents so they consider the risk. I've started a blog in hopes that it will be seen around the world. We need her death to bring something positive. Please visit my page www.kiyanamcneal-ourangel.com so we can start bringing awareness in as many forums as possible. We are so lost without her.

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  11/23/2016 9:55 PM  |  Flag
Dear Lori,

We are all so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for creating these pages. We will share them with our victims' advocacy network. You can always email us directly as well: Contact Us

Blogger Lorie May  |  11/25/2016 9:27 AM  |  Flag
Thank you Colleen. We want to do everything we can to bring awareness so thank you for sharing with the victims advocacy network. If there is anything we can do please let me know