Wednesday, July 20, 2016

posted by   |  permalink  |  11 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Blogger Ka D  |  7/16/2016 10:43 PM  |  Flag
Even full grown men have been taken out by ONE pit bull. This is no dog for the elderly.

Blogger Illinois Pitbull Attacks  |  7/16/2016 11:11 PM  |  Flag
Detroit really needs to get it together and ban pit bulls. They are just tearing people apart left and right over there. Glad you put up the link to the study Pitbull Mauling Deaths in Detroit. They all need to review that.

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  7/17/2016 1:13 AM  |  Flag
Oh goodness -- tracking on FB threads now. The "boyfriend" apparently was the owner of the pit bull that attacked her in August.
"Terri Strong Kelley It was my neighbor and they were pit bulls they were not her dogs they belonged to her daughter and son in law. Unfortunately it wasn't the first time she had been attacked by these dogs. It's very very sad when you hold dogs above your family member. May she rest in peace!"

Blogger Ka D  |  7/17/2016 9:42 AM  |  Flag
"Boyfriend with pit bull" should garner the same amount of derision as "boyfriend on the sex offender list" and should be avoided at all costs. I've seen many cases of "boyfriend with pit bull" getting a woman's kids mauled.

Blogger Ka D  |  7/17/2016 9:45 AM  |  Flag
One of the things that makes the elderly particularly vulnerable is they grew up at a time when a dog killing a chicken was not tolerated. They have no idea how the lunatic fringe of dog ownership has come out in the last 30 years. Up until the late 1990's I had never in my life heard of a person being killed by a dog, now it's routine thanks to pit advocacy.

Blogger I want a cute purse  |  7/17/2016 10:21 AM  |  Flag
It's risk enough to own 1 pit but Pit hoarding??! Poor woman, surrounded by an extremely selfish family who put the dogs first. She was already attacked before, it shouldn't have happened again.
I always shake my head when people call them "dogs"... And people still think these demons are just like any other dog??? They are in a class all their own.

OpenID joelande  |  7/17/2016 12:20 PM  |  Flag
It is elder abuse.

This is what happens over & over with these situations

The owners of the dogs have vicious dogs. They have issues. They get kicked out. They can't get a place that will allow vicious dogs to attack neighbors and other tenants.

So they take advantage of older women or men- fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers. Some impaired, some not able to make safe decisions or pushed into a situation they don't really want, but there is a pressure to take in the dogs of these relatives

The elderly person then pays the price.

It is a shame that no other family members stepped in long ago and had these dogs removed, especially after she had been attacked before.

Many times these are breeding operations & greed is at the heart of it.

If anyone knows an elder being pushed into a situation like this, I hope they will contact elder services or the police before it is too late.

Blogger Miss Margo  |  7/20/2016 2:33 PM  |  Flag
So, let me get this straight:

"I was astonished. I couldn't believe it because of what happened prior. I never thought this would happen again," states the person.

You couldn't believe that something that happened in the PAST could possibly re-occur...?

This is the opposite of rationality. The fact that it happened is proof-positive the event could occur again. It's like saying "I never thought my car could be broken into in a parking garage TWICE," or "I never thought I could get a second DUI drunk-driving arrest."

OpenID truthbirdtoo  |  7/20/2016 2:47 PM  |  Flag
I wonder how the person felt about Elizabeth still living with a pack of pit bulls AFTER the first attack? How did Elizabeth feel? Mark my words, the family will try to get the other 3 pit bulls back!

Blogger les  |  7/20/2016 8:08 PM  |  Flag
"latched onto her neck and executed the killing bite, severing her jugular vein", that's exactly what they were bred for, to sense a weakness and attack and kill.

These animals are supposed to banned in all of Ontario, yet on a daily basis I see then in downtown Toronto, and I'm seeing puppies, and un neutered males with cropped ears, people taking them to big street festivals, and no one does anything.

Blogger Lawrence Phelps  |  9/13/2016 1:44 AM  |  Flag
Was it the jobless baby daddy boyfriend or one of the other three?