Wednesday, June 8, 2016

posted by   |  permalink  |  8 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Blogger Sputnik  |  6/07/2016 11:39 PM  |  Flag
I'm looking forward to release of photos of the dogs. "Lab chow" mix? I suspect the key word here will in fact turn out to be bulldog.

Blogger Virginia Farley  |  6/08/2016 7:36 AM  |  Flag
I'll be surprised if the German Shepherd was involved. Chow mix I wouldn't doubt it

Blogger Annie B  |  6/08/2016 7:36 AM  |  Flag
Yep

Blogger PutMeInCharge41Day  |  6/08/2016 8:17 AM  |  Flag
Sputnik, I agree. The number of "Chow" mixes on pet finder that are clearly pit mixes is astronomical. Such as this chow lab mix

Blogger Unknown  |  6/08/2016 9:17 AM  |  Flag
not typical behavior of a german shepard, lab chow is very possible

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  6/08/2016 9:33 AM  |  Flag
The Fox 32 video shows what appears to be a black chow-mix. It is towards the end. It shows the dog in the backyard.

Also this ABC Chicago video shows the black dog (more obviously at the beginning).

OpenID joelande  |  6/08/2016 2:31 PM  |  Flag
I have the awful feeling none of these were her dogs.

I hope the elderly out there insist that if relatives move in with them, nothing more than a beagle or the equivalent family pet, and no dogs with previous issues.

I have seen may cases where younger relatives move in with elderly relatives precisely because the younger one's dogs have issues and they have been kicked out of other situations.

Like kids, the elderly have been bearing a lot of the brunt of dog attacks.

OpenID joelande  |  6/08/2016 2:38 PM  |  Flag
Chow, and Akitas too, have a lot of issues. People get them for looks, but don't understand the behavior issues with them

They are given up all the time.

Nowhere near the problems with pit bulls of course, but another breed with issues.

Someday, some have to be held responsible for producing and selling these deeply screwed up breeds. Consumers need to have protections as they do in other areas. People just don't know what they are getting because these animals are sold like fluffy toys. They don't stay that way.