Friday, August 8, 2014

posted by   |  permalink  |  8 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Blogger Don Bauermeister  |  8/07/2014 12:58 PM  |  Flag
Poor youngster. Why does or culture permit, excuse and otherwise allow for this to continue??

Blogger Sharon James  |  8/07/2014 5:11 PM  |  Flag
I will never understand why people want children around these dogs. Is the news you see on a daily basis not enough for you to understand that they can turn at any moment.

Blogger bereaved  |  8/07/2014 7:57 PM  |  Flag
I love dogs. I've had as many as 7 at one time; all mid-sized mutts rescued from the local shelter. For several years now I've had an ongoing disagreement with my wife concerning pit bulls. She thinks pit bulls are fine pets and the deaths are due primarily to poor training. I, on the other hand, view pit bulls as extremely dangerous and would never allow one near a child... NEVER. With today's news about the 6-year old in Florida I'm even more convinced that my argument wins, especially since that young boy was our nephew.

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  8/07/2014 9:11 PM  |  Flag
I am so sorry bereaved. I am so sorry to learn that he is your nephew. I send prayers to your grieving family. There should not ever be this argument in the context of children. The safety of children is tantamount and should not be subjected to the deceptive and vague argument, "It's all how you raise them." As adults, we can agree to disagree, yet we must always agree to keep children away from these dogs -- it is never worth the risk. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Blogger RSM  |  8/08/2014 11:59 AM  |  Flag
I am sorry about your nephew, this is a tragedy.

I wish everyone would see how deadly these animals are, that they are not meant to be pets.

Blogger Dayna Hamilton  |  8/08/2014 3:32 PM  |  Flag
I'm so sorry bereaved.

Blogger PutMeInCharge4OneDay  |  8/08/2014 4:16 PM  |  Flag
I am always so sad to read an update on this blog.

I would like one day for this blog to be an archive of the "olden days" when people were allowed to have pit bulls.

These dogs are always ok with the ___________ (children, adult, neighbor, other pets.....) until the moment they are not.

The delusional thinking that these dogs have any use in todays society, and its all how you raise them, needs to end.

How sad that we have a 250th victim since the CDC stopped reporting.

Blogger Jensen Family  |  11/07/2014 9:46 AM  |  Flag
This makes me so sad! I can't bear to think of what this little boy went through alone with no one to protect him and fight for him. These dogs DO NOT belong in any society. They are bred to kill. Simple as that. we now live in a world where you constantly have to look over your shoulder and all around for the charging/ or docile looking pitbull. A society where you can't trust or read a dog. It's so backwards!