Tuesday, April 29, 2014

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Blogger Illinois Pitbull Attacks  |  1/18/2014 12:10 PM  |  Flag
Bloomington Illinois is very near Galesburg, IL where a child died less than a year ago. Both cities, as well as Peoria, Glenwood, Elgin, Peoria, Waukegan, Lake county, Cary, and Skokie looked at dangerous dog ordinances because of pit bull attacks and refused to regulation pit bulls to PREVENT these all too regular horrors. SHAME ON THEM!

Blogger Kendra  |  1/21/2014 3:45 PM  |  Flag
As a mother, these stories horrify me. When my family decided to get a dog, we picked a yorkie. Some dog rescuers won't allow families with children to get tiny purse dogs because they worry about the child being much bigger and stronger than the dog. Yet they have no qualms about putting huge pit bulls in homes with small children.

It's completely backwards. The dog rescuers worry about dog safety, but not child safety. It wasn't like this when I was growing up. People had their priorities straight, and put children ahead of pets, but now they've switched it around. I just do not understand.

Blogger Kendra  |  1/21/2014 7:15 PM  |  Flag
The pit bull apologists are saying the dogs attacked because the house had toys on the floor. Have they ever been in a home with small children? It is normal for children to scatter toys. It is NOT normal for dogs to kill children because toys are on the floor.

Do they even believe the things they say? It's just too ridiculous. Yorkies, chihuahuas, shih tzus, poodles, collies, and many other breeds live in homes that occasionally have clutter, and they don't kill people. So why do they think it's okay for pit bulls?

Blogger Packhorse  |  1/22/2014 11:27 AM  |  Flag
There are photographs of the three grippers in the house, interacting with the children. Please post them so there can be no mistake about what type of dogs these were.

Blogger 656565 656565  |  1/12/2016 6:42 AM  |  Flag
I'm always vigilant when outside with my children. Several pit bulls & rottweilers in the area, any of which I'd shoot if they approach my kids. I carry guns legally & would shoot these nasty animals in a heart beat

Blogger Maddie Clark  |  1/17/2016 11:20 PM  |  Flag
When I was 12 years old i was heading to a friends house for a her birthday party along with my other three friends. My friend lived directly across the street from the family spoken about in this article. When we entered the street we saw the police cars which had blocked off the driveway to my friends house. We had no idea what was going on except that there was police tape in front of the house along with the little girl's dad repeatedly beating his head on a tree. We watched as the police carried out the stretcher after going in and out of the house multiple times. One of my friends had recently lost her dad and was familiar to that kind of police scene and was having a slight panic attack. The five of us were told the little girl was taken to a hospital but weren't told until the next morning that she didn't make it. My prayers still go out to this family, 2 years later.