dog bite statistics

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

posted by   |  permalink  |  20 comments  | iconforum  |icon subscribe  |icon comment rss

Blogger Decatur AL livin nt to 4 pits  |  4/07/2013 8:02 PM  |  Flag
This is heart breaking. I was so praying for this child to make it. I'm wondering if even 1 pit bull nut job will shed a tear for this sweet little boy, or if the loss of his life will change anything with all those pit bull owners that lives around where this child lived?

OpenID truthbird  |  4/07/2013 8:10 PM  |  Flag
The boy's father...

OpenID bentonbergny  |  4/07/2013 8:10 PM  |  Flag
I don't think I am able to get over the shock about the state of barbarism we are in.

Animal control, the authority system, was complicit in this crime.

This Daniels should have been charged with a crime after the very first attack and monitored by the court system to prevent further crimes. But animal control not only allowed another attack to happen with that dog, they then have been allowing him to let these pit bulls run loose and terrorize people.

The Authority figures of Callaway are just swimming in guilt

OpenID maultalk  |  4/07/2013 8:31 PM  |  Flag
Time of death sure is varying. "Tyler Jett was pronounced dead at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday after being attacked Tuesday, according to the Bay County Sheriff’s Office."

Blogger Your Quiet Neighbor  |  4/07/2013 9:54 PM  |  Flag
If more animal control agencies were sued for huge amounts, we'd see some real change. Because, in the end, it's the taxpayers who are liable for these suits. And they tend to get a bit irate about such things.

Blogger PutMeInCharge4OneDay  |  4/07/2013 10:28 PM  |  Flag
The poor baby.

Seeing the photo of the boys father posing with a pit bull...well it left me speechless.

Blogger DubV  |  4/08/2013 1:50 AM  |  Flag
No matter how much I hate to see an injured person or child and how much I wish for victims and their families to maintain privacy and dignity....it is important for people to see photos of the aftermath.

Tyler is not recognizable in the hospital bed. The way he is swollen, covered, restricted...he looks much younger than in his other pictures. I thought the injured person was an infant before I read more and looked at the other pics.

Blogger vintage  |  4/08/2013 7:10 AM  |  Flag
Tyler was the 215th American killed by a pit bull since the incompetent CDC Fatality report covering 1979-1998.

The two Government employees who chaired the report and allowed the pit crazies to craft it, need to be defending their jobs.

Blogger Miss Margo  |  4/08/2013 8:53 AM  |  Flag
I already wrote this on the dogsbitedecatural blog, but I'll put it here, too: that picture of Tyler all bruised and mangled just rips my heart out. It hurts just to look at him.

It's awful that his family couldn't tell him goodbye, but maybe it's best that he didn't wake up. I can't imagine the pain.

Daniels is a scumbag. God I hate cowards.

Blogger Miss Margo  |  4/08/2013 8:55 AM  |  Flag
I just looked at Dad's facebook...lord have mercy.

Blogger DubV  |  4/08/2013 11:07 AM  |  Flag
This site

is reporting the killer dogs as

a brindle bulldog

and

an alapaha blue blood bulldog.

Rather predictable. This will be used as a get out of jail free card by nutters. I think among nutters it is considered posh to call your pit bull something that sounds rare and expensive.

Blogger GJ Tryon  |  4/08/2013 12:43 PM  |  Flag
These animals have killed and mutilated more children than all the gun nuts combined but nobody seems to care. Or does the Constitution guarantee the right keep and breed monsters?

Blogger PutMeInCharge4OneDay  |  4/08/2013 1:33 PM  |  Flag
We need an Assault DOG ban more than anything!

DubV you are right, definitely posh to have a "special" kind of pit bull in their mind.

Blogger bitbypit  |  4/08/2013 6:30 PM  |  Flag
Most of the early reports depicted the dogs as bulldogs; we have this footnoted above. Last year, there was a so-called Alapaha blue-blood bulldog fatality. Once the press understood the makings of the breed -- "half pit bull" -- they weren't amused and began calling it what it is, a pit bull-mix. The blue-blood is not an official breed; it is not recognized by any registry that we know of except the one that coined its name. We only have a photo of one of the dogs in this case. The sister/mother's similar type dog (Dude) that was put down last year after biting a child in the face unprovoked has several photos at the mother's Facebook page. It's unknown if the three pit bull type dogs are related. The family also breeds daschunds. ("Four daschund puppies in the home have been returned to Daniels’ mother, who also lives in the house, Bay County spokeswoman Valerie Sale said Sunday.").

OpenID bentonbergny  |  4/08/2013 8:51 PM  |  Flag
So the household of the perp is a breeder.

Is there any information about why animal control was letting these people terrorize the community with their violent dogs? Multiple attacks and no consequences for them.

OpenID bentonbergny  |  4/08/2013 11:21 PM  |  Flag
A bright note in all this darkness. People did file formal complaints with animal control and demand that citations be issued.

This is why it is so important for everyone to file formal complaints and make sure citations are issued for law breaking and aggressive behavior.

It was thanks to the people who did what they needed to do and made those complaints that a history was built up so charges could be issued, and the owner of the dogs couldn't lie and get away with it.

Never fail to file formal complaints and do a follow up to make sure there were citations on record.

OpenID truthbird  |  4/21/2013 11:06 AM  |  Flag
APRIL 20: Dogs destroyed -- Daniels still holed up in jail.

Blogger bitbypit  |  5/31/2013 1:06 PM  |  Flag
Helene Logan has left a new comment on your post "2013 Dog Bite Fatality: Callaway Boy Savagely Maul...":

I was walking my dog and my neighbor's dog (retriever mixes, gentle, and JUST WALKING) when my neighbors dog was brutally attacked by a PitBull. I managed to beat the dog off (as witnesses told me later), but my neighbors dog has had thousands of dollars of vet bills. She luckily survived. The pit owner? He came up, grabbed his unleashed dog and ran off. Mr. Tough Guy, indeed. The most irritating part of this is that the local police (Stratford, CT) didn't seem to care, and did nothing. A majority of them own pits themselves, because they think they're 'tough guys' too. THEY DID NOTHING.
They are as complicit as the idiots who make up the majority of pit owners.
Thank you for this site--4 years later, this attack still haunts me. And my neighbor's dog has gone from carefree to distrusting of strange dogs.

[published comment manually -- there was an error trying to publish the original]

Blogger Duquesne Lacrosse Recruits Beware  |  8/30/2013 11:25 AM  |  Flag
Edward Daniels is in jail..GOOD! All of the local city council members across the country who still don't GET IT and continue to allow domestic ownership of these savage breeds...ALSO have the blood of these poor victims on their hands!

Blogger Duquesne Lacrosse Recruits Beware  |  8/30/2013 11:28 AM  |  Flag
Daniels is going away...GOOD! And any city council people across the country who continue to allow these breeds to co-exist among thier citizens also have blood on their hands! WTF does it take to WAKE UP!