Monday, June 30, 2008
- 57% (4) of the fatalities are due to pit bulls. Each other dog breed (1)
- 57% (4) involved a family dog, of these attacks, 0% were chained
- 14% (1) of all fatalities so far in 2008 involved a chained dog
- 29% (2) fatalities stem from Texas, both dogs being pit bulls
- 71% (5) fatalities involved children ages 5 and below
2008 US Dog Bite Fatalities - DogsBite.org
2007 US Dog Bite Fatalities - DogsBite.org
Labels: 2008 Dog Bite Fatality
Please donate to support our work
DogsBite.org is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity organization. Learn more »
| 6/30/2008 6:03 PM |
The good news is that we're on pace for about 1/2 the number of fatalities as a year ago. So at least there are fewer tragedies.
Clearly people need to be smart with their children, especially the very young children, and not leave them unattended around dogs.
| 6/30/2008 7:14 PM |
In the month of November, in 2006, there were 7 US fatalities. You just never know how these things work. One can only remain hopeful.
| 6/30/2008 8:17 PM |
For everyone reading these stats and say these are so few they don't matter--Well let me tell you they are emblematic of many many dog bites by pit bulls. When this dog bites the injuries are terrible now medical science saves many people who would be dead. I'm one of them.