Wednesday, January 23, 2008

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Anonymous schultz  |  1/23/2008 11:51 AM  |  Flag
"doris holds on tightly to bonnie, afraid that the city will take the pit bull away because of Parma's ban."

or afraid that bonnie will rip the news crew to shreds?

"With news cameras rolling, Hayes struggles to secure the barking, growling Bonnie on the sofa. Hayes claims that Bonnie was nervous because she is not used to strangers"

pit bulls that are nervous with strangers!!!! correct me if i am wrong but don't service dogs accompany their people everywhere? isn't encountering strangers part of their job?

mayor randall, please dispose of this nasty dog asap.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/23/2008 1:49 PM  |  Flag
Interesting video.
I think Doris Hayes' disabilities run a little deeper than just hearing loss. I watched the video twice and her affect is inappropriate during Bonnie's little outburst.

Anonymous MAC  |  1/23/2008 4:37 PM  |  Flag
Yeah, right. Bonnie is a service dog and Doris is an ambassador for the breed.
I agree, I think there is something else wrong with this woman. She looked like she was laughing when she couldn't control dog.
i think her ploy to rally sympathy so that she can keep her dog might have back fired on her.

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/24/2008 7:00 AM  |  Flag
This is a new type of Pit Bull advocacy...ASSUMING VICTIMHOOD.

Currently, there is no regulation of service dogs...Any idiot can print out a certificate, slap a vest on a Pit Bull then claim to be discriminated against under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Anonymous Dee  |  1/24/2008 10:56 AM  |  Flag
Now that's just gross! The ADA was not meant for this!

Anonymous Anonymous  |  1/24/2008 11:44 AM  |  Flag
How would you like to be a blind person shopping in Target with your guide dog and run into these two lunatics!
This is an accident waiting to happen and the news crew has it all on tape for the criminal trial and civil lawsuit.
My spouse and I ran interference once for a hearing and sight impaired neighbor and her golden retriever as two strays, a rott and a boxer descended them. It was very frightening. I hate to think what would have happened to them if we were not there.