Wednesday, June 29, 2016

posted by   |  permalink  |  10 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

Blogger Your Quiet Neighbor  |  6/28/2016 7:56 AM  |  Flag
Here we go again. Another unfortunate accident.

Blogger Small Survivors  |  6/28/2016 10:20 AM  |  Flag
Fresno has had extremely serious and now a fatal pit bull attack for the last three months.

OpenID joelande  |  6/28/2016 4:38 PM  |  Flag
So their vicious fighting dogs were usually kept chained, where they could get off the chains and kill a neighbor's baby?

Fighting breeds in your neighborhood, you have a problem

Blogger PutMeInCharge41Day  |  6/28/2016 4:48 PM  |  Flag
6 People dead from Ikea furniture and there is a recall.

14 people already dead from Pit Bulls or Pit Mixes just in 2016- 2 in two days and NOTHING.

I just don't get it.

OpenID joelande  |  6/29/2016 6:39 AM  |  Flag
Shar Pei or Shar pei mix were commonly used to misdentify pit bulls in the 1980s by shelters who wanted to unload fighting breeds.

I know people who did it and they knew they were hiding the pit bull heritage in order to unload fighting breeds.

Blogger Brianne K  |  6/29/2016 10:29 AM  |  Flag
My brother used to own a Shar Pei-pit bull mix. I know anecdotes aren't the be-all-end-all, but those two breeds seemed like an awful combination. His dog used to tear off her lead to go get within a few feet of children (who were innocently playing or walking on the sidewalk) to bark loudly and menacingly at them. And she was a spayed female with an authoritarian owner. She ended up dying of heat stroke at a young age, but I'm very glad things didn't escalate with her, as I'm sure they could have.

This tragedy really underscores that these are zero-mistake dogs. One open door to let some cool air in is all it took.

Blogger Ka D  |  6/30/2016 10:57 AM  |  Flag
This exemplifies why ZERO margin of error breeds are not PET animals.

Blogger John Charles. Bratram  |  7/02/2016 4:29 PM  |  Flag
my name is John Charles Bartram I'm the father of Susie Kirby I am devastated over this tragedythe mother of my child was irresponsible this was human error susie was left on the couch longer then 4seconds they have turned this into a three-ring circus dog attackPitbull mauling this was human error Trust and Believe there's more to that story and I'm going to get to the bottom of it

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  7/02/2016 5:07 PM  |  Flag
John, we are so very sorry for your loss. It is absolutely devastating. There certainly were human errors. Please check back with us if you can and keep us informed. It is true -- at least in our experience -- that the dog mauling death of a newborn usually has extended and national media coverage. This was true with the other two baby deaths this year and one did not involve a pit bull type dog. The death of a newborn greatly affects the media and the public; there are many emotional responses.

Blogger I want a cute purse  |  7/04/2016 11:46 PM  |  Flag
I'm sorry for this poor baby and her family! So devastating!