Thursday, May 4, 2017

posted by   |  permalink  |  12 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

The DogsBite.org comment policy.

Blogger B Cazz  |  5/04/2017 11:14 PM  |  Flag
Some people are as dumb as rocks.

With the second pit at home, maybe Darwin will finally finish the job.

Blogger responsible dog guy  |  5/05/2017 9:41 AM  |  Flag
Bad owner and yes bad dog. Charges needed to be made here.

Blogger K-Hart  |  5/05/2017 1:51 PM  |  Flag
"The patient has some cuts on his ear and a couple minor abrasions! We better airlift him!" Said no paramedic, ever. The way he downplays the injuries his wretched weaponized dog inflicted is CRAZY.
Is he trying to be a cliché pit owner? He's either developmentally and intellectually challenged, or he's mind blowingly ignorant and callous. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
Rationality and compassion does not exist in the pit bull owner's mind.
Colleen, you and Jeff Borchardt should seriously put together a book with just pit owner/advocate quotes in it. Big shiny pages of pit pictures and their owner's psychotic quotes on one side, and photos of injuries and victims on the other. Title it "Reality Bites." You can use the Rhodes scholar Laughton in there. "Roger had some cuts on his ear." Good grief!!

Blogger K-Hart  |  5/05/2017 9:54 PM  |  Flag
Oops...I meant "Mike had some cuts on his ear." Apparently my phone decided Roger was a better name.

Blogger EyesOpened  |  5/06/2017 3:43 AM  |  Flag
You just can't make this stuff up. Note that while they balked at the $200 euthanasia fee, he has tattoos. Those aren't cheap.

Also, note that the date the other dog was registered was 4/26/17, though it was vaccinated about a month earlier. And Is it just me, or does that dog look like it could be related to Bruce?

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  5/06/2017 10:42 AM  |  Flag
EyesOpened, were a little stunned that dog licensing information was listed on the property record at all! It is listed under her name and she does have a dog like this. The age and coloring certainly do indicate the two dogs are related (both picked up on Craigslist?). The timing of it all is interesting. But on April 19, the main cause of concern was "Bruce" for attacking the woman, so likely only that dog was implicated as being unregistered by the city. She may have decided (or been warned) to become compliant with the other dog after that attack too. As for lying about the breed, calling it a Lab/Mix? Well, this is a family of pit bull owners, so we expect them to be dishonest, evasive and irresponsible. That $200 euthanasia fee sure was a bargain!

Blogger rbentrdr  |  5/06/2017 6:39 PM  |  Flag
The son looks about like some of my neighbors - I call them the "more tattoos than teeth bunch." I posted this website in Nextdoor and got out of next door - I had heard from this crowd before. So, since I wasn't there to take their abuse....they poisoned my dogs, two of which are therapy dogs. I say are because thankfully these toothless wonders were too stupid to do it right. My Dalmatian got ahold of it, had some seizures, threw up. Had my two little dogs gotten hold of it, they would have died. I effin' hate pit bull owners that won't open their eyes to the truth.

Blogger EyesOpened  |  5/07/2017 3:19 AM  |  Flag
Yep, I would guess the quick registration and deceptive breed name were in response to Bruce's first attack as an attempt to not draw any more attention to the fact they owned an aggressive pit bull. Wouldn't want to harm the reputation of the breed and contribute to that bad rap!

The Facebook comments as always are fascinating. Sigh. At least no one died (Robert's two kids pictured on the couch with Bruce may not have fared as well as the adults in an attack).

K-Hart, the book isn't a bad idea. :) A psychologist really should study these issues; they're a gold mine.

Rbentrdr, I'm so glad your dogs survived! What a horrible thing for these sickos to do! :( On another note, more tattoos than teeth is hilarious.

Blogger LibertarianThinker  |  5/09/2017 2:18 AM  |  Flag
What kind of delusion does it take to give a "second chance" to a dog that gives you 30 stitches!?!?! This obviously wasn't a normal dog nip or even a normal dog bite, where a "second chance" may be warranted depending on the situation. 30 stitches is a dog going for a kill, and they gave the dog a "second chance" to achieve it. The mother and/or boyfriend should have had the brains to kick the dog out of their house after the first attack!

Blogger Colleen Lynn  |  5/09/2017 2:44 AM  |  Flag
All that we know about the first attack (April 19) from media reports is that the dog was in a crate and the mother was attempting to feed it -- AKA she had to open the crate door to perform this. The "family" pit bull mangled her hand, requiring 30 stitches. After the second attack, she expressed to police, "Suzette Laughton stressed to detectives that Bruce was not being provoked or agitated prior to the attack. Nor was food out to trigger any food-aggression in the animal." So obviously, they blamed the first attack on "food-aggression" and of course they failed to compute the "dog-aggression" that occurred in January.

Blogger Owner & dog lover myself  |  5/10/2017 4:29 PM  |  Flag
Doesn't the son feel any care or concern for his mother or her boyfriend? It would kill me to know that my dog hurt anyone let alone,my mother �� how can a person be so cold about this !

Blogger Killeen01  |  5/25/2017 11:25 AM  |  Flag
Sorry, but only stupid people who want to feel tough own pit bulls, rottweilers, etc. They are willfully in denial of the facts about those aggressive breeds and always claim that none of the dangers could ever apply to them and their precious snowflake.

Good job in pointing out that the worst of them are like this a**hole, Laughton, who not only typically claim it's an "owner issue" rather than a breed issue, they then claim that they could never have foreseen an attack coming because they were a "good owner". Ugh. Since we can't euthanize the stupid owners along with their vicious dogs, there should be additional laws prohibiting them from ever owning any dogs again.