Wednesday, January 7, 2015

posted by   |  permalink  |  6 comments  | email  |icon blog rss  |icon comment rss

OpenID herzeleid  |  1/07/2015 3:34 PM  |  Flag
No surprises in this lineup, except for the Schipperke - that one just doesn't fit somehow. It's not in their nature, and there are no other accounts of such an attack by a Schipperke. I just have to wonder if there is something else going on there that we aren't privy to.

Blogger Anita  |  1/09/2015 8:27 AM  |  Flag
Looking at these particular dog faces reminds me of a quote from Werner Herzog's film Grizzly Man, from Herzog himself in the voiceover: "And what haunts me, is that in all the faces of all the bears that Treadwell ever filmed, I discover no kinship, no understanding, no mercy. I see only the overwhelming indifference of nature. To me, there is no such thing as a secret world of the bears. And this blank stare speaks only of a half-bored interest in food. But for Timothy Treadwell, this bear was a friend, a savior." Although really, in reference to pit bulls, this is an insult to nature, who is not so cruel or without reason as these dogs were bred to be.

Blogger BattyBrooke  |  1/12/2015 7:52 PM  |  Flag
I'm assuming you're referring to the dog pictured in the story above about 91yr old Antanaitus of Stratford, Connecticut? That pic is of a Keeshound "mix" (it is stated above the pic), and not a little Schipperke. Who knows what the Keeshound was mixed with.

Blogger Debbie Bell  |  1/23/2015 5:41 PM  |  Flag
When I read about the "Keeshond mix" I suspected we'd see no pointy nose, prick eared doggy. I hate it when mixes are not correctly described.

Blogger Ka D  |  1/25/2015 7:53 PM  |  Flag
Very similar look and butt ugly too. I can't understand what makes the owners of dangerous breed dogs so deep in denial and vicious in defense of the indefensible.

Blogger Sparkle Motion  |  1/05/2016 1:39 PM  |  Flag
My aunt got a pit in 2013. While she is a beautiful animal, I am still very weary of becoming to comfortable and lacking awareness of her strength. My boyfriend and I walked her just a block from the house when she smelled and heard another dog BEHIND A WOOD FENCE. She would have torn a plank from that fence and killed that dog if it were not sturdy as it was. I was shocked to see her so angry -the dog had done nothing! My aunt left my 12 y/o son home only with her once, which pissed me off into space, chalking it off like the pit was a big baby. It's simply untrue. I don't want her put down, but she should not be bred.