Monday, December 31, 2012

posted by   |  permalink  |  7 comments  | iconforum  |icon subscribe  |icon comment rss

Blogger Jaloney  |  12/29/2012 1:25 AM  |  Flag
I think attributing the attack to a PACK of dogs immediately makes people think of wild ferrals. the fact that at least one of the attacking dogs belonged to the boys household tellus it is a pet. I know covering up the type of dog is common nowadays.. but I am betting its a pit that killed him.

Blogger Decatur AL livin nt to 4 pits  |  12/31/2012 9:53 PM  |  Flag
What a prescious child this was. So sad. I can't be sure about the pictures of dogs that have been in the news articles, but the black ones captured look like they've got Rottweiler in them and and they look larger.

Blogger bitbypit  |  12/31/2012 10:20 PM  |  Flag
We just saw one photo that contained 4 dogs, only 3 visible with one certainly appearing as a rottweiler. The photo is at the krqe.com website. Did you find other photos? Please leave the links to them here... A common "rez" dog as depicted by the tan dogs, aren't 100 pounds.

Blogger bitbypit  |  12/31/2012 10:33 PM  |  Flag
Another question is why authorities are gathering DNA samples. This would only be for prosecution purposes. "Cibola County Undersheriff Tony Mace said one of the nine dogs captured and euthanized after the attack had belonged to boy's family and was reported to have bitten the child on a previous occasion." Then of course the same pack attacked livestock earlier this month. Media members aren't talking about charges being brought, but if DNA samples really are being gathered, authorities have certain intentions.

Blogger Decatur AL livin nt to 4 pits  |  12/31/2012 10:45 PM  |  Flag
On my blog..the 1st article I linked had a picture of 2 dogs..I put question marks under it...they are in cages that match the other dogs...but the article does not say they are part of the 9 dogs that were captured. One dog is black with a long white under neck area - looks something like a pit --neither dog looks starved to me - they look well fed.http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2880138.shtml?cat=500

Blogger bitbypit  |  12/31/2012 11:27 PM  |  Flag
We actually thought the KOB.com image was a file/stock photo. We'll make some inquiries. Thank you!

Blogger Miss Margo  |  1/01/2013 5:31 AM  |  Flag
Man, it's OT...but that photo of the boy's face on the donations can is one of the saddest, most depressing images I've seen in a long time. I'd save it for pedagogical purposes if I wasn't worried that it would be disrespectful.

That's a tough life, if your kid gets killed and you have to solicit funds to bury him. That's really tough.