Friday, June 27, 2008
- June 26, 2008 - Police officer Shawn Leclair suffered bite injury after a pit bull "broke free" from a leash and attacked him. The dog latched onto his arm. The officer shot the dog once killing it, then drove himself -- with his good arm -- to the hospital.
- June 25, 2008 - The most violent attack involves two young mothers with two children in tow on a small wagon. The pit bull "slipped out" of his collar and viciously attacked. The child was left without a scalp and three people were sent to emergency care.
- May 16, 2008 - Cynthia Edwards was walking down a sidewalk when she heard a dog barking. Within moments, she saw the barking pit bull snap its leash and attack her. She suffered wounds to her face, thighs and backside.
- March 27, 2008 - Hopeton Hewett, 75, was attacked on his own property by two loose pit bulls. He was knocked over and dragged by the dogs. He suffered a sprained back and severe bite damage to one arm. The dogs had a history of running loose.
- Since April 24th, 2008 Omaha police have shot at least 5 pit bulls. One pit bull needed six bullets to stop it. Another instance involved a dog logically named Chewy, and yet another involved two pit bulls shot in a public park.
06/25/08: Omaha Pit Bull Owner is a Horrifying Flashback
06/25/08: Pit Bull in Omaha Attacks 2 Babies and 2 Mothers
05/07/08: Pit Bull Busts Chain, Attacks Boy, Drags into Bushes
Please donate to support our work
DogsBite.org is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity organization. Learn more »